Sunday, October 16, 2011

Be Your Own Spin Doctor


I spend arguably too much time staring at the graph of my morning fasting Blood Sugar measurements. The trend line is my crytral ball to the past, present, and future of how I fare in my battle with diabetes. I can draw that trend line in drastically different ways. Which way do I choose at any given time? To appear positive, of course! Today, as a point in time, is a good example. By changing the polynomial order of the Excel trend line tool, I can tell different stories, although only for recent times. Long term, it’s less manipulable.



Trend Scenario  for 10/16/2011 using polynomial order “3”. This would be the pessimistic view that after the drastic drops in July/August, I’m trending back up to soon be above the “diabetic” line again and toward required insulin use.___ Refusing The Needle: A Diabetic’s Natural Journey To Kick-Ass Health by Russell Stamets ebook available for all devices at https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/145608 and for kindle at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007P6L5C4 tags: type 1, type 2, autoimmune, diabetes, lada, natural, alternative, diet, supplements, acupuncture, meditation, lifestyle



Trend Scenario  for 10/16/2011 using polynomial order “5”. This would be the probably overly optimistic tea leaf reading. The spin for this view would be that after a little bump from the stress of the initial going public online with my story, the last couple of days show me trending back down.



Trend Scenario  for 10/16/2011 using polynomial order “2”. In true Goldilocks fashion, the middle of the road interpretation is my choice today. Little up trend yes, but explainable, and sweetened with the observation that daily swings are drastically dampened and stabilized. Yes! This is the view that the Russell News Channel will go with today.



___
Refusing The Needle: A Diabetic’s Natural Journey To Kick-Ass Health by Russell Stamets
ebook available for all devices at https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/145608
and for kindle at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007P6L5C4
tags: type 1, type 2, autoimmune, diabetes, lada, natural, alternative, diet, supplements, acupuncture, meditation, lifestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment