Thursday, October 13, 2011

Whacking the Hornet’s Nest


___ Refusing The Needle: A Diabetic’s Natural Journey To Kick-Ass Health by Russell Stamets ebook available for all devices at https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/145608 and for kindle at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007P6L5C4 tags: type 1, type 2, autoimmune, diabetes, lada, natural, alternative, diet, supplements, acupuncture, meditation, lifestyle
photo by pellaea

For those only following the blog, let me explain that this post is, in part, a response to the discussions I participate in at diabeticconnect.com and tudiabetes.org. These two large, active communities have been a real eye opener for me. You can check out most discussions without joining, if you want. Over the last few weeks, I’ve started a few discussions with posts from here, and I’ve commented on a few existing threads. It’s sobering to see the number of views I’ve received in the hundreds and commments/replies in the dozens. It allows the teasing out of more detail as questions get asked and stories related. The less controversial lifestyle related posts, like “How Are Your Nuts?” have been huge fun. The discussions about insulin use (i.e. Newly Diagnosed? Question the Use of Insulin!) have been much more serious. There are many people with firm convictions on either side, in addition to many newcomers, who are deer in the headlights, trying to sort it all out. In some circles, though, this aspect of my message is clearly heretical. And though I don’t have to justify myself to anyone, if the goal is to impart information to help people, it makes sense to periodically describe the roots of my voice --

I’m not here to preach THE path to a righteous diabetic cure. I’m just here to relate the facts as I’ve observed and uncovered them. I have no axe to grind, no medical or scientific certificate of any kind to either burnish or defend. There’s absolutely no guarantee that anything that may have worked for me will work for anyone else. I don’t sell juicers, or have any stake in promoting any particular diet, or lifestyle change. I’m just sayin’ that there are some things people have been saying for a long time that appear to be true. And, there are a couple of things I’ve discovered that don’t seem to be on the radar of the health-wise. I’ll give you MY facts, and a few notes on my navigation through these waters. It is up to you to reconcile my reading of data with your own notion of a fact.

I’m on a strict no-conflict diet, so I seek only as much confrontation in these forums as is necessary to keep this alternate opinion regarding insulin, as annoying as it is, visible. When I started looking at all this, I realized that the western medicine Diabetes Establishment’s mantra on insulin was monolithic. I’m focusing on communities like tudiabetes.org that are donation-funded, and therefore separate from direct Big Pharma influence. There is HUGE money in insulin and insulin-delivery. But even in places safe from direct commercial influence, I think it’s worth remembering that all the knowledgeable, giving, well-meaning opinionators are “invested” in their belief. Whether one has chosen, or has had to, accept the extreme lifestyle compromise of injecting or pumping insulin and all it’s trappings, he or she has still had to build an ironclad rationalization and justification of its utter appropriateness in their own mind. How else could they live with it? I obviously rationalize my own path as well, but it’s hardly the same challenge for me to make a case for clean living, minimal medications,  once a day measurements, no lows, and superb health.

I think the main point is that the epidemic is upon us. I know for a fact that all 300 million plus people will not choose exactly the same way to deal with their diabetes.



___
Refusing The Needle: A Diabetic’s Natural Journey To Kick-Ass Health by Russell Stamets
ebook available for all devices at https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/145608
and for kindle at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007P6L5C4
tags: type 1, type 2, autoimmune, diabetes, lada, natural, alternative, diet, supplements, acupuncture, meditation, lifestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment