Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Daily Bingo Game


This snapshot of the last few months of morning fasting blood sugar measurements shows my dramatic descent into normal. Was it the diet, supplements, acupuncture, meditation, solar flares, or some combination thereof?

Diabetes is a numbers game. Some people test throughout the day. Some never do. After a year and a half of only sporadic checking, I began consistent morning fasting blood glucose testing last February. The danger with even that frequency is that you obsess... but, I needed some way to gauge the effect of all the lifestyle, diet, exercise, and medication changes my healthcare team and I are trying. Over time patterns emerge. Combined with the details of what I eat, stress events, and activity levels, we've found what works for me. For those that like numbers and graphs, here's the Dropbox link to my daily tracking excel file.

No comments:

Post a Comment