Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Calculated Risk


A “lesson learned the hard way” is one of those common phrases that seems a little strange after you stare at it a while. I was trying to think what a lesson learned the easy way would be. Or the fact that some of these things are more like skills acquired. I thought about commenting on one hard to accept truth that I resisted believing for years. It has to do with a fundamental difference between most men and women. It has taken me decades to deal with the fact that logic and intent counts for absolutely nothing. All my learned lessons from science and mathematics about cause and effect and the shortest distance from point A to B have to be suspended when communicating with the opposite sex. But I don’t think I’ll go there. I’d have to use logic to describe it and so the message might be lost on at least half the audience. (Note tongue in cheek.)

Refusing The Needle: A Diabetic’s Natural Journey To Kick-Ass Health by Russell Stamets ebook available for all devices at https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/145608 and for kindle at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007P6L5C4 tags: type 1, type 2, autoimmune, diabetes, lada, natural, alternative, diet, supplements, acupuncture, meditation, lifestyle, HAWMC
photo by Ephemeral Scraps
Turning from the altar of Logic is really just a subset of a bigger lesson anyway— the lesson of how to listen. In some ways, reliance on logic makes you think you don’t have to listen. Thought flows to thought, action to action to result, predetermined. A logical guy knows what the next thing said will be, or should be. Pretty stupid, I know, now. It just never occurred to me that there was more truth than logic out there. Truth you can hear if you listen. I know now there is a background whisper of universal truth. I’m sure it’ll take the 2nd half of my life to tune the hearing aid appropriately, but it’s clear that the entire answer guide is continuously broadcasting.

I won’t second guess my deafness to date. Sure, I should’ve listened to my wife and my body and the universe all along. But I haven’t lost any of the three. Is it part of the definition of a hard lesson learned that you survive the teaching of it?







___
Refusing The Needle: A Diabetic’s Natural Journey To Kick-Ass Health by Russell Stamets
ebook available for all devices at https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/145608
tags: type 1, type 2, autoimmune, diabetes, lada, natural, alternative, diet, supplements, acupuncture, meditation, lifestyle, HAWMC

No comments:

Post a Comment